Equine-guided Mindfulness Meditation Retreats
Imagine spending a week in the presence of these magnificent creatures while learning more about mindfulness from the mindfulness masters that horses undoubtedly are.
If YOU are ready to discover how mindfulness and meditation can help you change your life dramatically
– if you are ready to find out exactly how to go about it –
then join Dr Margaretha Montagu and her six horses for an unforgettable holiday in the sun-blessed south of France.
Imagine relaxing into a deckchair, closing your eyes, on a sunny summer’s day, on a deck next to a 2-acre lake. You feel safe and secure in this, your own private little sanctuary, peacefully thinking over the changes you are making in your life to ensure a happier, healthier more fulfilling future. Nearby, three majestic Friesian horses are dozing in the sunshine and as you drift off, you are filled with a sense of well-being, content just to be in their presence…
Sound good? Let me tell you more.
If you feel overwhelmed by the unrelenting stress of modern day living, attending this mindfulness meditation retreat, amongst the ancient vineyards in the sun-blessed south of France, offers you:
- an affordable escape from the always escalating demands of everyday life,
- easy access via 5 international airports, served by low-cost airlines, less than 2 hours” drive from the retreat
- a safe haven in one of the most beautiful parts of France, secluded but not isolated, a place where you can where you can rest and sleep undisturbed for as long as you need to
- the opportunity to discover a variety of meditation methods to help identify the method you prefer and can use most effectively to combat stress
- the chance to learn more about mindfulness, its extensive benefits and how to apply mindfulness to day-to-day living
- fresh air, clean water and scrumptious home-cooked and mostly home-grown food to nourish both your body and your mind
The good news is that you have found exactly the right retreat: attending an Equine-guided Growth Retreat will empower you to make the changes you want to make so that you can live a more joyful, creative and meaningful life… a life more in alignment with your unique talents, values and ideals.
That is not all. There is MORE.
- mindfulness training as well as the opportunity to explore 5 different meditation methods – the first 4 chosen because of the ease with which these methods can be incorporated as extremely efficient stress management tools into busy lives: walking meditation, writing meditation, working meditation and music meditation. The 5th methods combine mindfulness and meditation seamlessly – this method will inspire you and will make your holiday unique and unforgettable: equine-guided mindfulness meditation.
- a wine tasting visit to the wine cellars of the nearby Saint Mont vineyards, including a visit to the Saint Mont monastery and the medieval village that clings defiantly to the slopes below it – a place where mindfulness and meditation has been part of daily life since the 12th century,
- a visit to a fresh food market in a neighbouring village, where you will be able to observe French housewives mindfully choosing the ingredients they use to cook the rich, mouth-watering meals characteristic of Gascon gastronomy and where you will have the opportunity of mindfully following their example,
- the option to walk part of the possibly life-changing Camino de Santiago (Way of St James), to follow in the footsteps of pilgrims who have passed this way for a thousand years on their way to Santiago de Compostella in Spain. This 20 km walk, from Eauze to Nogaro (stage 22) is fairly flat and takes around 5 hours to complete. View route HERE.
- the option to discover the extensive benefits of equine-assisted experiential learning.
Do you feel over-burdened by the trials and tribulations of life? Do you feel physically exhausted and mentally strangled and desperately long to escape?
If so, then a Mindful Meditation Retreat at Les Sources Sacrées retreat centre in the sun-drenched south of France is exactly what you need right now – joining us will enable you to make a difference – in your own life and in the lives of others – for the greater good of all!
Interested? Contact us NOW on welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com
A simple inquiry will put you under no obligation.
Les Sources Sacrées is a retreat centre with a history – the 6 natural springs feeding our 2 acre/1 hectare lake are reputed to have healing properties. Pilgrims on the St Jacques de Compostelle pilgrim’s route have been making a detour here for centuries, to “take the waters” and pray in the adjacent chapel. The centre, deep in the heart of Gascony, 90 minutes’ drive south-east of Bordeaux, is located on 22 acres of lush, green meadows and is surrounded by vineyards, woods, orchards and sunflower fields. Secluded but not isolated, this 400-year-old half-timbered farmhouse is 3km from a typical local village. Here, you can lie back in a sun lounger on the deck by the lake, or swing in a hammock under the oak trees, or sit in a deckchair in the potager with a pot of Redbush tea or take pictures of Les Source Sacrées’ magnificent Friesian horses…but more about that later.
Les Sources Sacrées has everything you need to relax completely and fully recharge your batteries.
The Gastronomy of Gascony
We believe in feeding the body as well as the mind – while you are finding out how to make the changes you want to make in your life, you will be indulging in the best food and wine that our region has to offer: freshly baked, crunchy French bread, wildflower-flavoured honey from our bees, jam made from the fruit grown in our orchard, vegetables just-picked in our potager and pure, fresh spring water…you will also be introduced to the famous gastronomy of Gascony: paella, confit de canard, couscous Gascon and croustade de pommes à l’Armagnac and have the opportunity to discover the excellent wines of our region. You will find out first hand exactly what the Gascon Paradox is all about: eating and drinking all this scrumptious food and fabulous wine without ever putting on weight and living a long, happy and healthy life to boot.
The Retreat Leaders
Prepare yourself for a big surprise.
Your retreat leader is Dr Margaretha Montagu, a medical doctor with many years of experience in treating stress-related diseases in women and her assistants: six super-smart horses. This is what makes a retreat at Les Sources Sacrées UNIQUE: six drop-dead-gorgeous horses are going to help you put everything you learn about mindfulness and meditation into practice. Margaretha, as well as being a medical doctor, a hypnotherapist and a certified NLP practitioner, is also certified equine-assisted experiential learning coach.
If you are ready to make changes, but you do not feel confident /smart/inspired/motivated/supported/attractive enough, you may want to try an equine-assisted experiential learning(EEL) session. EEL will help you:
- free yourself from immobilising fear and dramatically increase your self-confidence,
- discover simple techniques to easily and effectively deal with stressful situations
- communicate more efficiently and with more assertiveness,
- find out how to accept and appreciate yourself,
- strengthen and deepen relationships at work and at home,
- eradicate limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering beliefs that inspire you,
- develop more successful problem-solving skills,
- thrive on changes and challenges and
- gain a solid understanding of who you are now.
These sessions are optional and not included in the price of the holiday.
Intrigued? Contact us now on welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com
What is included on this 7-day retreat:
- Comfortable accommodation in a private wing of an 18th century, half-timbered, authentic Landaise farmhouse in single or twin bedrooms with shared bathrooms.
- 6 delicious breakfasts served al fresco under the 200+-year-old oak tree in the front courtyard.
- 5 delightful picnic lunches: a basket full of local delicacies for you to enjoy on your own or in company anywhere on the farm: there are several seating areas scattered around the house, in the woods, next to the paddocks, by the lake and on the island in the lake.
- 6 scrumptious dinners featuring the irresistible food and outstanding wine of our region, including a farewell dinner on your last night
- Tea and coffee making facilities available 24/7 in the kitchen of the private wing and the fridge is always stocked with a few bottles of ice-cold spring water.
- Transport during the wine tour/village market visit/Camino walk.
- 5 meditation sessions during which you will be introduced to a variety of meditation techniques – the classic sitting meditation but also walking, writing, working or music meditation – as well as equine-guided meditation.
- Free Wifi.
What is NOT included:
- Transport costs to local airports and train stations – there are 5 international airports less than 2 hours drive from Les Sources Sacrées
- Transport from local airports and train stations to the farm
- Personal Health Insurance and / or Travel Insurance (we highly recommend insurance cover in case you need to cancel)
- Your Equine-assisted Experiential Learning sessions
Ready to make a booking? We only run a limited number of retreats per year. Contact us on email@example.com
To make 100% sure you benefit from this retreat, there is still MORE.
- Two weeks before the retreat your pre-retreat package will be e-mailed to you with advice on how to make the most of your retreat,
- You will have the opportunity to attend a VIP day (intensive individual coaching day) before or after the retreat,
- You will be able to subscribe to a 3/6/12 month coaching programme, offering continuing support after the retreat to help you implement the changes you have decided to make,
- To facilitate transport arrangements, or to explore the region, you are welcome to arrive a day or two early or leave a day or two after the retreat – we also offer additional accommodation on a day-to-day basis, but only to our retreat guests,
- If you have time or financial limitations, depending on availability, you can also choose to attend the retreat for a shorter period – for 3 or 5 days – contact us for more information.
By coming on a retreat here, you will be contributing to the well-being of the local community
- We believe in sustainable tourism. We believe that we have a sacred duty to preserve the farm, the land, the lake and the springs for future generations, so we do everything we can to make as small a footprint on our land as we can, including limiting the number of guests we receive per year,
- We are seriously into permaculture and we are in the process of incorporating permaculture concepts into the structure of the farm,
- We are also a foster farm for abused horses and one of our horses, Aurileo d’Alegria, is an ex-bullfighter we rescued from slaughter on his way to the abattoir.
Only a limited number of participants will be able to attend an Equine-guided Mindfulness Meditation Retreat at Les Sources Sactrées in 2016!
To ensure everyone gets individual, quality attention and the time to ask questions, we limit our groups to 7 guests and we only host a limited number of retreats per year – which mean you will need to reserve early to be one of the fortunate guests who come to Les Sources Sacrées this year.
Ready to make a reservation? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
“Thank you so much – the horse-guided meditation and experiential learning have really helped me both in my professional and private life. Thank you again for all the hard work you put into making it such a memorable event. And a big thank you also to Beau and Belle – with my horse phobia I never dreamt that I would one day feel the irresistible need to hug such imposing animals.” Alicia Paturas
Invest in Your Future
You do not have to feel insecure and invisible any longer. You do not have to continue doubting your identity, fret about the meaning of life or wonder if your life still has a purpose.
Now is a good time to make a Fresh Start.
If you want to start again, we invite you to invest in your future by joining us on an Equine-guided Growth Retreat in one of the most beautiful parts of France, where you will find out how to ensure that the rest of your life is long, happy, healthy and fulfilling and full of purpose and meaning.
It is not too late to start over.
The best is yet to come!
Imagine how different your life will be in a year’s time if you decide to change your life by attending an Equine-guided Mindfulness Retreat this year. Contact us on email@example.com or fill in the form below:
Privacy notice: We take your privacy seriously. Your details are not passed on or sold to any third parties whatsoever and we promise to only use your details to contact you directly ourselves.