Connect with Horses Mindfulness Meditation Retreats in the south of France
Voted one of the world’s top 10 Meditation Retreats by BookRetreats.com
Is stress and self-doubt ruining your attempts to live a long, happy, healthy and fulfilling life, full of purpose and meaning?
Bonjour, I’m Margaretha and with me in the picture is my soul-mare Belle. I am the author of 5 personal development books, all horse-inspired, life-enriching and subtly French flavoured. I am a recycled medical doctor, I live in the south of France with my 4 horses, where I host residential Walking and Wine tasting workshops for writers as well as, with the help of my horses, confidence-boosting and stress-reducing Connect with Horses 5/7 day Retreats (see below.)
My Connect with Horses Retreats, based on Equine-facilitated Mindfulness and Equine-Guided Meditation, in the south of France, will dramatically increase your self-confidence and enable you to significantly lower your stress levels by connecting with my horses in an enriching, compelling and transformational way.
Working as a medical doctor for more than 20 years has taught me a lot, but not as much as dealing for nearly thirty years with a debilitating eye disease that threatens my sight. In my books, during my masterclasses and during my Connect with Horses residential retreats, my aim is to empower you to
- compassionately accept yourself and appreciate your unique talents and abilities,
- free yourself from immobilising fear and substantially increase your self-confidence,
- communicate more efficiently and with more assertiveness,
- eradicate limiting beliefs and replace them with inspiring beliefs,
- develop more successful problem-solving skills,
- believe in yourself so that you can make the changes you want to make in your life,
- build strong, long-lasting relationships,
- create a solid and reliable support network so that you can ask for help before you feel totally overwhelmed,
- set firm boundaries and say NO without feeling guilty or needing to explain,
- discover simple techniques to easily and effectively deal with stressful situations and
- celebrate your success without needing to apologise for being brilliant.
Now you too can discover the secret of exceptionally calm and collected people, by attending a Connect with Horses Mindfulness Meditation Retreat in the sun-drenched south of France. During the retreat, you will first and foremost, be able to rest, relax and recharge your batteries. You will also benefit from attending this retreat because, with the empowering help of our horses, you will develop a new set of skills to help improve the quality of your life.
“Thanks again for sharing your life with us! I had such a wonderful time at your place and in your company. I feel revitalised, relaxed and blessed. All the best and big hugs for the two of you and all the cats, horses and dog.” E.G. Meijling
“A powerful and wonderful life experience, with caring guidance by Margaretha. One can truly experience a mindful meditation with the horses who are definitely spiritual. Also, your senses become reinvigorated with the beautiful food and wine, whilst sitting and listening to the unique sound of natures calmness.” S. Murphy
Thank you so much for a wonderful week. The way you welcomed me was heart-warming. I find myself often dreaming about your piece of paradise and all my new friends there. Margaretha- I learned so much for which I thank you! CM Munroe
Thank you so much for the beautiful day on Saturday. It was a truly special and treasurable experience that I feel very lucky to have had. Your horses are such lovely characters and it was fun getting to know them a little. They have stayed in my mind. I would love to come back again…B. Gracias
I feel so incredibly lucky to have had this chance that worked out so amazingly in divine timing. I know that you are, yourself, going through a stressful time and so that is why I am even more grateful that despite that, you were there to help me through this transition. I am also inspired by you and how you have faced your challenges, and I appreciate so much that you are also so human, with vulnerabilities just like we all have. Thanks also for sharing these moments with me. A Alyahya
I really needed the time to find myself again. After a few days there I started sleeping better, I feel more relaxed and I am dealing with my pain in a better way. Margarita was the best, she’s extremely accurate in what she does, great instincts. Definitely an experience that we should all have. Now I want to take my friend as well. I cannot express in here how much I learned about me and how to handle situations in my job. L Ramirez
I created these retreats with my horses to help you internalise how exceptional, powerful, gifted, beautiful, strong, generous, appreciated, valuable, talented, brilliant, admired, respected, courageous, special, caring and lovable you are, either on your own or in a group, so that you can benefit from the presence and support of like-minded people, from the lasting friendships that form and from the readiness of your fellow-guests (who may in their normal lives never have the opportunity to honestly express themselves) to say what they really feel, in this safe environment.
The horses make these self-development retreats UNIQUE. All activities happen with everyone’s feet firmly on the ground – there is no horse riding during these retreats.
Included in this Retreat:
- Simple but comfortable accommodation in an 18th-century farmhouse in single or twin bedrooms with shared bathroom.
- Brunch al fresco, weather permitting.
- Dinner featuring local delicacies (we cater for vegetarians)
- Tea and coffee available 24/7.
- Transport from Nogaro to the house.
- Free Wifi.
- A free copy of the e-book Mindfulness and Meditation Options. The book has links to useful articles, websites, TED talks, Facebook groups, guided meditations etc. that can be used during and after the workshops.
NOT included in this Retreat:
- Transport costs to local airports and train stations – there are 5 international airports (Toulouse, Bordeaux, Tarbes/Lourdes, Biarritz and Pau) less than 2 hour’s drive from here
- Transport from local airports to local train stations (Auch and Mont de Marsan)
- Transport from local train stations to Nogaro.
- Personal Health Insurance and/or Travel Insurance (we highly recommend insurance cover in case you need to cancel)
9:30 Walking Meditation with the Horses
11:30 Equine-facilitated Mindfulness Training
12:30-16:00 Free time to spend with the horses
16:30 Equine-guided meditation
17:30 Writing Meditation
To make 100% sure you benefit from this retreat, there is still more:
- To facilitate transport arrangements, or to explore the region, you are welcome to arrive a day or two early or leave a day or two after the workshop – we offer bed-and-breakfast accommodation on a day-to-day basis, at 69 EU per room per night, but only to our workshop guests,
- Non-participating partners are very welcome, there is a lot for them to discover and do in the immediate vicinity.
- the option to add a day to walk part of the possibly life-changing Way of St James, following in the footsteps of pilgrims who have passed this way for a thousand years on their way to Santiago de Compostella in Spain.
- the option to add a guided wine tasting trip to the medieval village of Saint Mont/Aignan
- the option to add a 45 min Swedish /Russian massage in our massage studio
- To ensure everyone gets individual, quality attention and the time to ask questions, we limit our groups to a maximum of 4 guests – which means you will need to reserve early to be one of the fortunate guests who come here each year.
So seize this exceptional opportunity to spend a few nights with us NOW…to help you make your trip a special one, please let us know you are coming by making a reservation. A warm welcome awaits you amidst the Armagnac and Cotes de Gascogne vineyards in the sun-drenched south-west of France.
Do you feel stuck in a rut and desperately long to escape?
If you do, then a 5/7-day Connect with Horses Residential Retreat here in the sun-blessed south of France might be exactly what you need right now.
Our retreats start at 18h00 on the day of arrival to 11h00 on the day of departure. We combine equine-facilitated mindfulness and equine-guided mindfulness meditation to help you shape your future. All meals (simple but nourishing) as well as comfortable accommodation, mostly in single rooms, or in double rooms, is included.
The cost of the 5-day retreat starts at 699 EU pp. The cost of the 7-day retreats starts at 899 EU pp. Maximum of 4 participants per workshop.
Ready to make a reservation? To make an inquiry or to pay your deposit and secure your booking, please contact us with the dates that suit you at welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com
Deposit: To confirm your booking, a 25% deposit is required. Balance of payment is due at least 30 days prior to the start of your holiday. Please note: As our deposits are not refundable and our cancellation policy is firm, we strongly recommend the purchase of adequate travel insurance. Any cancellation received in writing up to 30 days before the holiday starts will result in a loss of 50% of the holiday price. Any cancellation made in writing less than 30 days before the holiday starts, or once the holiday has started, will result in a total loss of funds. Depending on availability, you can choose to transfer your booking to another date without incurring any additional fees. We reserve the right to cancel the holiday (if we do so your deposit is refunded in full).
Please read our terms and conditions
Pin to Pinterest as an aide-memoire:
Don’t miss our special promotions, exclusive offers and inspirational stories! If you can not get away right now, subscribe to our VIP mailing list for regular updates about additional workshops, early-bird special offers and last-minute deals. New subscribers receive a copy of the 10 Steps to Instant Self-Confidence guide -straight from the horse’s mouth! as well as the Coping with Change Cheatsheet and Checklist.