by Dr Margaretha Montagu
“Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience. It isn’t more complicated than that. It is opening to or receiving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is, without either clinging to it or rejecting it.”
Mindfulness and Meditation in the south of France is the accompanying workbook of the Mindfulness and Meditation Workshops that we host here in the south of France. It is different from other books about mindfulness and meditation in five unique ways:
1. This book proposes a technique, in the form of a questionnaire, to help you choose the meditation method that will work the best for you. Meditation is not a one-size-fits-all exercise. We are all different, we each have to find a meditation method that suits us, mentally and physically.
2. This book will help readers solve real-life problems. In each chapter, an everyday person with everyday challenges explains his/her problem. There is
- someone who struggles to lose weight and keep it off,
- someone with relationship problems,
- someone who can not sleep,
- someone with an overwhelmingly stressful job,
- someone whose new business is faltering,
- someone who is trying to make a long-treasured dream come true,
- someone who wants to grow spiritually…
The rest of each chapter demonstrates how each of these people can solve their problem with mindfulness and meditation.
3. This book helps people who do not enjoy traditional sitting meditation to find a realistic and practical alternative. Not everyone can sit still for 60, 30, 20 or even 10 minutes at a time.
- Some people constantly need to be in motion.
- Others have time constraints.
- Yet others have physical conditions, like arthritis, that makes sitting meditation difficult.
4. This book is an interactive and practical aid – each chapter contains a selection of links to further resources, carefully chosen to help the reader discover and experience the various meditation methods presented. There are also links to scientific studies that back up the effectiveness of the methods described in the book.
5. This book exclusively contains a chapter about equine-guided meditation, one of the meditation methods we introduce our mindfulness meditation workshop participants to.The chapter includes instructions on how to practice equine-guided meditation in the absence of horses.
I host these workshops and I have written this book because I believe that mindfulness and meditation are effective stress management strategies that can help practitioners avoid the physical and mental damage that stress can cause. That is why it is of primordial importance to me to help you find a meditation method that suits you. A method that you will be able to incorporate into your daily life without having to sacrifice too much of your precious time and that you will be able to continue practising daily, for the rest of your life.
“Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t).”
You have heard about mindfulness. You would like to find out more it. You certainly want to
- protect yourself against the physical and mental damage that stress can cause,
- create more rewarding relationships with friends, family and your significant other
- accept yourself and appreciate your unique talents and abilities and
- believe in yourself so that you can make the changes that you want to make in your life.
If you would like to find out more about mindfulness and meditation and how it can benefit you in a practical and sustainable way, this is the book for you.
This book will introduce you to the tools, mindfulness and meditation, that you need to completely transform your life into exactly what you want it to be.
Click Here to buy your own copy.
About the Author
Dr Margaretha Montagu is an experienced medical doctor, a certified NLP practitioner, a medical hypnotherapist and an equine-assisted psychotherapist (EAGALA level II). She has worked in a variety of disciplines including psychiatry and general practice.
Articles about her work have been published in Horse and Rider magazine, in Chronicles of the Horse and in the Guardian newspaper (UK).
AVAILABLE from AMAZON, Barnes and Noble, Kobo and Apple.
If you would like to escape for 10 magical moments to the sun-drenched south of France on a virtual visit, subscribe to my Mpower e-magazine – you will receive my 100-page You ARE Good Enough e-book entirely free. You can subscribe at the top of this page, on the right.
“In the end, just three things matter: How well we have lived. How well we have loved. How well we have learned to let go.”