Do you feel perpetually on the edge of physical, mental and spiritual exhaustion?
If you do, you are not the only one.
2020 has challenged us in ways we never imagined possible. There are moments we fear that life will never return to “normal”. We feel overwhelmed, insecure, frustrated, disturbed, depressed…
It’s time for a physical, mental and spiritual reboot.
It’s time to fully recharge your batteries.
A new year approaches…
I am not very good at making New Year’s resolutions. Actually, I am not too bad at making them, but I am awful at keeping them. By the time I get to February, they have long since disappeared in my rearview mirror. This year, I can’t even be bothered to make any. Why make the effort? With the virus still going strong, no one knows what is going to happen tomorrow, next week or next month, nevermind next year.
Even so, I don’t want to spend another year suspended in time, so I have decided to do something different this year: to make a vision board – a brilliant visualisation tool that has a rather impressive reputation of turning itself into reality.
This retreat offers you the opportunity to escape to somewhere where all your meals are provided for you, where there are no dishes to wash afterwards, where no house cleaning desperately needs doing where you can breathe fresh air, walk for miles, realign yourself with nature and absorb its rejuvenating energy – and make your own vision board. In the aftermath of this pandemic, you need to redefine who you are and what you want and set realistic spiritual, mental and physical goals for 2021 by making a vision board of your own.
It is time to ensure that in 2021 you will be in control and in charge of your future.
This retreat combines walking meditation, creative meditation, visualisation meditation and writing meditation to enable you to create a vision board based on the principles of the life wheel to empower you to handle competently whatever 2021 throws at you.
Why make a Vision Board for 2021?
- It helps you to focus on what is really important to you – the pandemic may well have changed your perception of what is important to you and what is not.
- It motivates you to clarify how you want to live your life post-pandemic: what your priorities are now, how you want to spend your time and with whom you want to spend it.
- It enables you to decide what you want to achieve – which of your previous objectives you still want to work towards, which old objectives you want to discard and which new objectives you want to establish.
- It inspires you to take action – if the lockdown has left you stuck in a downward spiral, a vision board can help you to take control of where your life is going again.
- Post-pandemic, a vision board will provide you with a visual reminder of what you have learned during the pandemic, so that you can continue to benefit from this new knowledge for the rest of your life.
- It keeps you aligned with your values and empowering beliefs, so that you can create the purposeful, meaningful and fulfilling life you want to live, especially when the going gets tough.
- It gives you an emotional lift and connects you emotionally to the changes you want to make and the life you want to live.
- Loads of people use vision boards successfully incl. Oprah Winfrey, Jim Carey, Jack Canfield, Pharrell Williams, Denzel Washington and Steve Harvey.
If you are ready to create a vision of the long, happy, healthy and fulfilling life, full of purpose and meaning, that you have always dreamed of living, then a 5/7-day 2020 Christmas/New Year Residential Retreat here in the unspoilt south of France might be exactly what you need.
Intrigued? Contact us now on welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com
What makes this Christmas/New Year retreat so special?
The opportunity to walk part of the possibly life-changing Camino de Santiago de Compostella (Way of St James) and follow in the footsteps of pilgrims who have passed this way for a thousand years on their way to Santiago de Compostella in Spain. This is the walking meditation part of the retreat (transport included.)
So if you feel overwhelmed by the unrelenting stress of modern-day living, you may want to consider attending my Christmas/New Year retreat, amongst the ancient vineyards in the south of France (subject to the weather) This retreat offers you:
- an affordable Christmas/New Year escape from the always escalating demands of everyday life,
- easy access via 5 international airports, served by low-cost airlines, less than 2 hours’ drive from the retreat – we offer direct transfers from Pau airport to the retreat centre at a small additional fee
- a safe haven in one of the most beautiful parts of France, secluded but not isolated, a place where you can rest and sleep undisturbed for as long as you need to
- fresh air, clean water and scrumptious home-cooked and mostly home-grown food to nourish both your body and your mind
- the opportunity to make the changes you want to make so that you can live a more joyful, creative and meaningful life… a life more in alignment with your unique talents, values and ideals
Do you feel over-burdened by the trials and tribulations of life? Do you feel physically exhausted and mentally strangled and desperately long to escape?
If so, then a Christmas/New Year’s break at our retreat centre in the south of France is exactly what you need right now – joining us will enable you to make a difference – in your own life and in the lives of others – for the greater good of all!
Interested? Contact us NOW on welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com. A simple inquiry will put you under no obligation.
Each full-day consists of one walking and three writing sessions:
- A Writing Meditation based on Julia Cameron’s book An Artist’s Way (of which you will receive a copy.)
- A Walking Meditation – walk a short (or longer if you want!) part of the Camino de Santiago de Compostella.
- A Creative and Visualisation Meditation that will consist of creating your own motivating and inspiring vision board.
All activities are optional.
The retreat centre, deep in the heart of Gascony, 90 minutes’ drive south-east of Bordeaux, is located on several acres of lush, green meadows and is surrounded by vineyards, woods, orchards and sunflower fields. Secluded but not isolated, this 200-year-old half-timbered farmhouse is 3km from a typical local village.
In only a few other places you will find all the ingredients of a perfect holiday combined with such abundance as in Gascony: fabulous food, outstanding wine, generous people and the breathtaking beauty of mountains, rivers, lakes and medieval villages perched on hilltops.
By coming on a retreat here, you will be contributing to the well-being of the local community: I believe in sustainable tourism. I believe that we have a sacred duty to preserve the land for future generations, so I do everything I can to make as small a footprint on the land as possible, including limiting the number of guests I receive per year.
We intent to feed your body as well as your mind – while you are finding out how to make the changes you want to make in your life, you will be indulging in the best food and wine that our region has to offer: freshly baked, crunchy French bread, wildflower-flavoured honey, jam made from the fruit grown in our orchard…
This is most definitely not a detox retreat, but rather a celebration of the wonderful variety of fresh local produce available from our garden as well as from the local weekly fresh food markets. This region is known for its abundant gourmet cuisine and we would not dream of depriving our guests of the pleasure and benefits that can be had.
Even the wine of the region is reputed to have healing and anti-ageing properties (see Prof Roger Corder’s book The Red Wine Diet) and the people of the region live some of the longest and healthiest lives in Europe.
The Workshop Leader
Your workshop leader is Dr Margaretha Montagu, a medical doctor with many years of experience in treating stress-related diseases. Margaretha is an recycled medical doctor, a medical massage and hypnotherapist, a rogue writer of self-help books and passable presenter of mindfulness and meditation retreats with horses. She lives on a small farm in the not-always sun-blessed south of France with four opinionated horses and two battle-scarred dragons. All her books are horse-inspired, subtly French-flavoured and hopefully life-enriching. Margaretha is also a certified NLP practitioner and a certified equine-assisted personal development coach.
What is included on this retreat:
- Comfortable accommodation in an 18th century, half-timbered, authentic Landaise farmhouse in single or twin bedrooms with shared bathrooms.
- A welcoming dinner on the first day and a celebration brunch on the last day of the retreat – our retreats start at 18h00 on the day of arrival to 11h00 on the day of departure.
- Delicious brunches and scrumptious dinners featuring the irresistible food and outstanding wine of our region on all other days
- Transport to and from Nogaro, to/from the Camino walk.
- Free Wifi.
- A free copy of my e-book Mindfulness and Meditation Options. The book has links to useful articles, websites, TED talks, Facebook groups, guided meditations etc. that can be used during and after the workshops.
What is NOT included:
- Transport costs to the retreat centre’s closest village, Nogaro. We offer a free transfer to/from the retreat centre to Nogaro. We offer transport from Pau airport to the retreat centre for a small additional fee.
- Personal Health Insurance and/or Travel Insurance (we highly recommend insurance cover in case you need to cancel)
To make 100% sure you benefit from this retreat, there is still MORE.
- You will have the opportunity to attend a VIP day (intensive individual coaching day) before or after the retreat,
- You will be able to subscribe to a 3/6/12 month coaching programme, offering continuing support after the retreat to help you implement the changes you have decided to make,
- To facilitate transport arrangements, or to explore the region, you are welcome to arrive a day or two early or leave a day or two after the retreat – we also offer additional BandB accommodation on a day-to-day basis, but only to our retreat guests,
- a wine-tasting visit to the wine cellars of the nearby Saint Mont vineyards, including a visit to the Saint Mont monastery and the medieval village that clings defiantly to the slopes below it – a place where mindfulness and meditation have been part of daily life since the 12th century, (subject to the weather/COVID regulations)
- Non-participating partners are very welcome, there is a lot for them to discover and do in the immediate vicinity (reduced fee.)
- the option to add one or more profoundly relaxing and rejuvenating Swedish/Russian massages
- the option to discover the extensive benefits of equine-assisted experiential learning. EEL can help you:
- free yourself from immobilising fear and dramatically increase your self-confidence,
- discover simple techniques to easily and effectively deal with stressful situations
- communicate more efficiently and with more assertiveness,
- eradicate limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering beliefs that inspire you,
- develop more successful problem-solving skills.
The cost of the 5-day retreat starts at 699 EU pp. The cost of the 7-day retreats starts at 899 EU pp. Please contact us for information about longer retreats.
So seize this exceptional opportunity to spend a few nights with us NOW…a warm welcome awaits you amidst the Armagnac, Saint Mont and Madiran vineyards in the south-west of France.
Ready to make a reservation? To pay your deposit and secure your booking, please contact us with the dates of the week that suits you at welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com to inquire about availability.
Deposit: To confirm your booking, a 25% deposit is required. Balance of payment is due at least 30 days prior to the start of your holiday. Please note: As our deposits are not refundable and our cancellation policy is firm, we strongly recommend the purchase of adequate travel insurance. Any cancellation received in writing up to 30 days before the holiday starts will result in a loss of 50% of the holiday price. Any cancellation made in writing less than 30 days before the holiday starts, or once the holiday has started, will result in a total loss of funds. Depending on availability, you can choose to transfer your booking to another date without incurring any additional fees. We reserve the right to cancel the holiday (if we do so your deposit is refunded in full).
Please read our terms and conditions. If you are in the midst of a life trauma or serious emotional upheaval that might require individual support beyond our scheduled meetings, the retreat format may not be a good match for you at this time. Should you have any questions about this, please contact us.
Only a limited number of participants will be able to attend the Christmas/New Year retreat this year!
Imagine how different your life will be in a year’s time if you decide to change your life by attending this retreat. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org right now.
Privacy notice: We take your privacy seriously. Your details are not passed on or sold to any third parties whatsoever and we promise to only use your details to contact you directly ourselves.