Do you wonder what is a mindfulness meditation workshop and whether you would benefit from going on a one?
What is a mindfulness meditation workshop?
A mindfulness meditation workshop is a transformational workshop when you make time to rest, reflect and to recharge your batteries. You go somewhere where you feel safe and supported, alone or in the company of people who share your outlook on life.
Take, for example, the three wise women who went on a silent meditation retreat. They carefully listened to the retreat leader’s instructions before they sat down on a hilltop facing the majestic Pyrenées mountain range and started to meditate mindfully. After two days of silence, they suddenly heard a loud cry. 24 hours later, one of the women said, “Did you hear that cry? It sounded like a pig being slaughtered.” Once again, there was silence for 24 hours. Then another one of three women said, “That wasn’t a pig; it was a fox killing a chicken.” Again, there was silence, this time for 48 hours. Finally, the third woman said, “If you two don’t stop arguing, I’m leaving!”
During a workshop, you have the opportunity to leave the complexity of your daily life behind, with all its demands, deadlines, doubts and disagreements for a specified period of time. You spend time with like-minded people from all walks of life. Often, a sense of community develops during a retreat and many lasting friendships develop.
At Les Sources Sacrées, we specialise in transformational Mindfulness Meditation Workshops. Our participants attend 4/8-day retreats surrounded by the stunning scenery of the sun-drenched south of France.
How can you benefit from going on a Workshop?
On a transformational workshop, you should be able to
- put yourself first without feeling guilty
- discover or re-discover your life’s purpose
- uncover your full potential
- spend time « being » rather than « doing »
- de-stress and learn how to manage stress more effectively
- re-connect with your authentic self
- look at your life from a distance and a different perspective
- eradicate limiting beliefs that block you
- get rid of unhealthy habits
- make new, like-minded friends
- exchange your inner critic for an inner cheerleader
- nurture your mind, body and spirit
- spend time unhurriedly enjoying the beauty of nature
- boost your creativity
- be inspired and motivated to make positive changes
- investigate meditation as an effective coping strategy
- choose the meditation technique that works best for you and that you can seamlessly incorporate into your day
- prioritise and focus on what is important to you
- forget about the shopping you need to do, the food you need to cook, the dishes you need to wash…
- safely experiment with leaving your comfort zone
- say what you want to say without having to worry about the consequences
- rebuild your shattered self-image
- process past experiences
- count your blessings
- sleep peacefully and undisturbed for as long as you need to
- stop making excuses and just be YOU
During a transformational workshop Les Sources Sacrées, we aim to offer our guests all of the above. Everyone is different and there is no one-size-fits-all retreat. If you are looking for a purely relaxing spa retreat, spending your days detoxing and being pampered, then a transformational workshop at Les Sources Sacrées is not for you. If you want to relax and get away from it all, but you also want to take a good look at who you are now and where you want to go from here, then a Mindfulness Meditation Workshop at Les Sources Sacrées is a very good choice.
CLICK HERE to find out more about our Connect with Horses Mindfulness Meditation Workshops.
Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul. Marcus Aurelius