You and your horse. His strength and beauty. Your knowledge and patience and determination. And understanding. And love. That’s what fuses the two of you into this marvellous partnership that makes you wonder, what can Heaven offer any better than what you have here on earth? – Monica Dickens
Dear Horse Lover/Horse Rider/Horse Owner,
Would you be interested in dramatically increasing your riding confidence by going to a private and residential Confident Horse Riding Retreat in the sun-blessed south of France this year?
Just imagine being confident enough to ride happily through the the peaceful, unspoilt and unpolluted countryside, along miles and miles of bridle paths, on a well-mannered and well-trained Friesian or Spanish horse…and imagine lazing those endless, warm, sunny afternoons away by the lake, imagine biting into crusty, freshly baked French bread, savouring the large variety of excellent wines and the leisurely and laid-back lifestyle,….
The aims of our Confident Horse Riding Retreats are
- to help horse riders eradicate performance anxiety and discover how to control competition nerves and use this uncomfortable sensation to their own advantage
- to show horse riders how they can master riding skills much faster and permanently
- to maintain a positive attitude even in challenging and distracting situations for horse and rider
- to set realistic horse riding goals and plot a clear path towards those goals AND remain motivated until these goals have been achieved
- to cope with falls, injuries (both horse and rider), disappointments and setbacks
- to introduce competing riders to powerful mind tools that they can use before they get on their horses, while waiting their turn to compete on their horse, while competing and in the aftermath of the competition.
How is this possible? By helping riders maximise the use of their most important riding aid – their mind!
The Confident Horse Riding Retreats incorporate the most efficient and powerful mental fitness methods to help you rewire your brain so that you can:
- Get rid once and for ever of the limiting beliefs and blockages that hold you back from riding progress and success
- Identify destructive and negative self-talk and change it to positive and empowering self-talk that can help you realise your wildest horse riding dreams
- Install confidence and/or completely calm trigger points that you can use during lessons, hacks and competitions
- Change the way you interpret challenging and stressful situations and review past difficulties and failure in a more realistic and helpful light
- Discover how to measure your horse riding progress neutrally and accurately and use this evaluation to boost your horse riding confidence
- Define exactly what you want from your horse riding and use this as a compass to steer by in difficult situations. It will also help you make instant small (and BIG) decisions in line with your values, beliefs and equestrian goals.
Maybe your horseback riding confidence was shattered in a million pieces due to an unfortunate equestrian accident. Or was it worn down gradually over many days, weeks or even years. Imagine for a moment:
You and your favourite horse are riding out early one magnificent spring day. The fresh morning air is perfumed by the smell of wild flowers and herbs. The sun is shining already, you feel its warmth on your skin. Birds are singing merrily in the trees and a slight breeze rustles the undergrowth. Suddenly, your horse sees something he cannot identify in the woods and raises his head, wide-eyed with fear.
You shorten the reins, adrenalin floods your system and you have visions of your horse bolting and you landing in a broken heap in the middle of the road, far from help. You tense up in the saddle, pulling your horse up.
Your horse feels this uneasiness through the saddle and reins. He assumes that you are terrified too. His fear feeds off your uncertainty, he tosses his head nervously and pulls on the reins, causing more fear in his horseback rider…
…and soon the situation is completely out of hand. You have lost control of your horse, you feel incapable of communicating with him and you wish you had never decided to go riding this morning.
How can you avoid getting into this situation? The answer is simple – by ensuring that you are mentally fit to cope with the challenges of horseback riding. The aim of the Confident Horse Riding Retreats is to equip you with the mental skills needed to make riding as effortless and enjoyable as it used to be. We use Equine Guided Meditation, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Hypnosis (optional), and Equine-inspired Therapeutic Writing to facilitate this process – and of course you will have the opportunity to put your newly acquired skills into practice by riding our gorgeous horses!
If you would like to find out more about mind tools and mental fitness for equestrians and would like to communicate with horses more effectively, then we would like to invite you to attend a 3/5/7-day residential Confident Horse Riding Retreat in the sun-drenched south of France here you will discover how to…
- Relax completely with no stress, no traffic jams, no incessant noise, no pollution and no mass tourism in comfortable accommodation in a 18th century authentic landaise farm house
- Get up every morning feeling relaxed, refreshed, rejuvenated and excited about horses and riding
- Have enough time and energy to realise all the riding dreams you have been putting off for ages.
- Feel confident enough to tackle riding obstacles that would normally scare the living daylights out of you.
- Banish horse riding anxiety before it takes hold and causes damage to your mind, body, your horse and your riding.
- Get rid, once and for all, of unhealthy horse riding habits.
Join us for a Confident Horse Riding Retreat in the south of France!
Group retreats run from June to September. We specialise in singles holidays, but we also cater for couples especially if you like horse riding and he likes wine tasting or if you want to improve your French and she wants to go horse riding!
To find out more please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or browse the rest of the EqineGuidedGrowth.com website, especially the Dates and Rates pages.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to here!
Horsemanship is not merely a matter of bodily skills, but is based on scholarship and, therefore, is a matter of the mind and intellect. Good horsemanship is based on proper character development and, therefore, is also a matter of mentality and spirit. ~Charles de Kunffy