If you are looking for the ideal venue for your small group retreat, then you need to look no further.
When you are leading a retreat, you want to be able to give your full attention to sharing your passion with your retreat participants. At Les Sources Sacres, you can throw your heart and soul into your teaching, because all the details will have been taken care of. It is so peaceful here that retreat leaders often comment on how relaxed and rejuvenated they themselves feel when they lead retreats here.
Les Sources Sacrées, in the sun-blessed south of France, offers accommodation for up to 10 people, including the retreat leader, in a 200+-year old authentic and sympathetically restored French farmhouse and cottage, nestled in its own valley on 20 acres of meadows with a 2 acre-lake fed by 6 natural mountain springs, reputed to have healing powers.
This easily accessible retreat venue – it is with-in less than 2 hours’ drive from 5 international airports, in the foothills of the Pyrenées mountains, 90 minutes north of the Spanish border – is the ideal location for a fully-catered summer retreat. The owners run mindfulness and meditation workshops here and have created several spaces that can be used by retreat leaders for a large variety of retreat activities, including an 80 m2 deck jutting our over the lake, an 80 m2 barn for indoor meetings, an outdoor meeting area under a 200-year old oak tree and several secluded seating areas around the lake, on the island in the lake and in the gardens.
Participants are accommodated in comfortable single and double bedrooms in the main house and in the adjacent cottage, with its own kitchen, sitting room and dining room. Les Sources Sacrées is located near the small town of Aire-sur-Adour, on the border of the Landes and Gers departments. Transport can be arranged from nearby airports or train stations (at extra cost).
Meals are normally provided as part of a booking, but groups wishing to self-cater can also be accommodated. Breakfast is self-service and continental-style (freshly-baked bread, home-made jams, fresh juices, tea / coffee / hot chocolate etc). Lunch and dinner are normally prepared on site with home-grown and locally sourced. Meals are served al fresco under a 200+-year old oak tree or in the communal living/dining room when the weather is not suitable for eating outdoors.
Group excursions to local spas, wine cellars and other places of interest like Lourdes can be organised, with minibus hire if necessary (also at extra cost), ex.
- a privately tutored wine tasting visit to the wine cellars of the nearby Saint Mont vineyards, including a visit to the Saint Mont monastery and the medieval village that clings defiantly to the slopes below it,
- a visit to one of the weekly fresh food markets in a neighbouring village,
- a visit to the Lac d’Aignan or the Lac de Lupiac, two ancient lakes hidden deep in the heart of even more ancient forests, now both equipped with a beach and safe swimming zone
- a visit to the Caliceo spa in Pau
- the option to explore the Adour river by canoe or to waterski on the lakes of Cahuzac-sur-Adour (in season only)
- the option to walk part of the possibly life-changing Way of St James, to follow in the footsteps of pilgrims who have passed this way for a thousand years on their way to Santiago de Compostella in Spain.
Equine-assisted experiential learning/equine guided meditation
Workshops can be of any duration starting from one night to as long as the retreat leader requires.
£100 per person per day sharing in twin rooms which include:
- 3 meals per day
- all refreshments
- use of all facilities
- free wifi
We require a 25% deposit when you make a booking. You can pay in sterling or euros by pay pal or bank transfer at today’s exchange rates. Please e-mail us on welcome2gascony (at)gmail.com or fill in the form below for more information.