Our Master your Mindset workshop is a structured workshop that makes full use the attributes we have on site, our unique region and what it has to offer, the stunning location of the farm, the individual talents of our horses, the qualifications and experience of your hosts as well as the diverse supporting material like guided meditations, TED-talks, youtube videos, informative articles etc. available online. It is, therefore, essential to bring either a laptop, tablet or phone as well as earphones with you to the workshop. Wifi is available, free of charge, in the main house as well as in the guest accommodation.
The workshop starts on a Saturday, anytime from 16h00 onwards, with a welcoming dinner, showcasing the best of the local gastronomy and wines.
Every morning, we start with an optional early-morning walk through the vineyards surrounding the farm, followed by breakfast. The morning session focuses on mindfulness and as mindfulness is best mastered by practising it, the morning sessions mostly consist of field trips that will give workshop participants the opportunity to practice being mindful in everyday situations. The afternoon sessions, after a picnic lunch and a well-deserved siesta, is all about various alternative methods of meditation: walking meditation, writing meditation, working meditation etc. The horses are involved in many of the morning as well as the afternoon sessions.
The daily program is as follows:
- Morning: Potentially life-changing Camino de Santiago de Compostella walk
- Afternoon: Equine-guided meditation
- Morning: Field trip to a weekly fresh food market at a nearby village
- Afternoon: Introduction to walking meditation with one or more of the horses
- Morning: Field trip to Saint Mont cellars for a mindful wine tasting a well as a visit to the 900-year-old St Mont abbey and village
- Afternoon: Introduction to writing meditation
Rest day. On this day, our workshop participants can sleep until midday if they feel like it, breakfast is available till 11h00. The rest of the day can be spent in a hammock with a book, on the deck by the lake, exploring the wine cellars within walking distance of the farm or walking in the countryside. This is the day participants can book individual equine-assisted experiential learning sessions (at an additional fee of 40 euro per session.)
Breakfast and lunch are included, dinner is not, we encourage our guests to support the local bistros and restaurants or they can prepare their own dinner in the guests’ kitchen.
- Morning: Participants practice working mindfully by grooming and working with the horses
- Afternoon: Introduction to art and visualisation meditation
- Morning: Field trip to an ancient lake in the heart of a medieval forest for a “5 senses” mindfulness practice.
- Afternoon: Introduction to music meditation
That evening we treat our workshop participants to a celebratory farewell dinner, under Merlin, our 200-year-old oak tree. (weather permitting)
After a last (optional) invigorating walk through the vineyards, participants enjoy a leisurely breakfast and then all too soon it is time to say goodbye to the horses and start the journey home…the workshop officially ends at 11h00.
Our daily program is subject to the vagaries of the weather and we reserve the right to rearrange the program at the last minute if the weather works against us.