Welcome to our Retreat In France: Les Sources Sacrées!
Home of the Equine Guided Personal Empowerment Workshops
What makes Gascony such and exceptional meditation holiday destination? Gascony:
- has 2250+ hours of sunshine a year – the same amount as Nice and the Côte d‘Azur, Monaco and Provence. Gascony is one of the warmest areas of France with the most sunshine and the longest summers: March to December
- is the final French frontier – a land where few tourists have gone before. This well-kept secret haven is nestled deep in the most south-western corner on the French-Spanish border – it is unspoilt and undiscovered
- Is easy to get to – fly to Pau, Toulouse and Bordeaux, the TGV to Bordeaux from Paris only takes 3 hours, from where you can rent a car or take an RER train to Aire-sur-l’Adour, or you can drive your own car from one of the ferry ports and get to Gascony within 8/9 hours.
- Is a country within a country. It has its own culture, its own language, its own beliefs, its own festivals and ferias (bullfights, bull races, flamenco, salsa and jazz) but still manages to remain essentially French
- Has the Cotes de Gascogne wines, white, rose and red, and Armagnac, the oldest eau de vie in France, Floc, an aperitif with class and Pousse Rapiere, an aperitif with a twist
- Has Magret de Canard, Paella, Potées, Confits, Pôelées, Pastis Feuilleté and Foie gras dans tous ses états and an army of chefs at exceptional restaurants who use only the freshest ingredients to ensure the old, gourmet Gascon recipes survive and to invent new ones
- Has hot springs with known healing properties and several cool springs breaking the surface at various secret locations: Cazaubon, Lectoure and Castera-Verduzan and it is less than an hour’s drive from Lourdes
- Is an hour’s drive from the ski slopes and ski-stations of the Pyrenées for ski addicts in the winter and for modern-day explorers there are some spectacular walking routes during the summer
- Has several excellent golf courses four 18 holes and two 9 holes in the Gers alone (the oldest golf course in France is at Pau) and many enthusiastic players, very reasonable green fees and a relaxed approach to playing dress, probably due to the wonderful weather
- Has medieval bastide towns, Roman archaeological remains (30 mosaics at Séviac), splendid cathedrals, fortified castles, mesmerising museums, Armagnac distilleries and vineyards, water parks, horse racing circuits
- Is crossed by two of the official St Jacques de Compostelle walking routes (GR/grande randonnée), several other PR (petit randonnée) walking routes, as well as miles of cycling routes and bridle paths
- Its people celebrate the simple things in life: large quantities of rich food, excellent wine (and Armagnac) and good company in the most extravagant fashion, and still, as a nation, weigh less and live longer than anyone else in France – Americans call it the French Paradox, we call it the Gascony Paradox
Care to investigate this intriguing contradiction?
Nowhere else will you find all the ingredients of a perfect meditation vacation combined with such abundance as in Gascony: fabulous food, outstanding wine, generous people and the breathtaking beauty of mountains, rivers, lakes and medieval villages perched on hilltops…
Our Availability page has more information about bookings and prices. To inquire about availability or to make a reservation for a retreat in France, contact us on email@example.com or fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, you can read one of my books, Self-Confidence Made Simple – French Women share their Self-esteem Secrets, Mindfulness and Meditation in the south of France, Secure your Promising, purposeful and Prosperous Future, You ARE Good Enough or Horse Riding Confidence Secrets. Click Here to find out more about my books.
To make sure you do not miss out on any last-minute reductions, early-bird deals on the workshops, or temporarily-lowered book prices, you can subscribe to my monthly MPower Me e-Magazine. Each month, I write a post about self-empowerment enhanced by an empowering quote, affirmation, meme and prompt. Each month, I share photo”s of the part of France we live in and write an article about living here mindfully. Each magazine also has a free download, a list of the month’s blog posts and a link to a blog post written by another blogger. Click Here to have a look at Nov 2016’s post. When you subscribe, you will receive a free copy of my 10 Simple Steps to Instant Self-Confidence guide.
Subscribe to my Mpower Me monthly magazine at the top of this page, on the right.
Privacy notice: We take your privacy seriously. Your details are not passed on or sold to any third parties whatsoever, you are not subscribing to any mailing lists and we promise to only use your details to contact you directly ourselves.