Bonjour, I’m Margaretha. On the picture with me is my soul-mare, Belle de la Babinière.I am the author of 5 (nearly 6) personal empowerment books, all horse-inspired, life-enriching and subtly French flavoured. I am a recycled medical doctor, I live in the south of France with my 5 horses, where I host residential Walking and Wine tasting Workshops for Writers as well as, with the help of my horses, Confidence-boosting Connect with Horses Workshops.
To empower you with my workshops and my books to
- compassionately accept yourself and appreciate your unique talents and abilities,
- free yourself from immobilising fear and substantially increase your self-confidence,
- communicate more efficiently and with more assertiveness,
- eradicate limiting beliefs and replace them with inspiring beliefs,
- develop more successful problem-solving skills,
- believe in yourself so that you can make the changes you want to make in your life,
- build strong, long-lasting relationships,
- create a solid and reliable support network so that you can ask for help before you feel totally overwhelmed,
- set firm boundaries and say NO without feeling guilty or needing to explain,
- discover simple techniques to easily and effectively deal with stressful situations and
- celebrate your success without needing to apologise for being brilliant.
Ten years ago my life changed completely. I gave up my job as a medical doctor, I sold my house, I moved to another country, I retrained in a completely new discipline and started my own business.
In the last 10 years, the debilitating eye disease that threatens my sight got dramatically worse. Several unsuccessful operations have left me completely blind in one eye and with only 40% sight left in the other eye.
Somewhere along the line, during the last 10 years, I wrote several books.
I wrote these books because I felt an entirely irresistible urge to share with as many people as possible how I managed to survive this insufferable decade, in case what I have learned help others cope with equally difficult circumstances. Writing was my salvation. There is a certain satisfaction to be had from putting nearly thirty years of knowledge, training and experience down on paper.
First thing I learned was how to manage the stress of insecurity. Working as a medical doctor already gave me a few good ideas, but it was the fear of going blind that was my most merciless teacher. Stress can do serious damage to people’s mental and physical health. I was no exception. I quickly realised that more effective stress management strategies could enable me to live a long, happy and fulfilling life, full of purpose and meaning.
Today I am the proud co-owner of a thriving business based on equine-assisted personal empowerment. My unlikely co-owners are 5 talented, intelligent and knowledgeable horses.
I have finally made the dream come true that inspired me to make all those changes 10 years ago. To make it here, I had to develop a whole arsenal full of tried-and-tested strategies to cope with the challenges that came my way, challenges I often have to face with a severely limited number of resources.
In my books, and during our workshops, my horses and I share these strategies with you. Click on the red links to find out more.
- Mindfulness and Meditation Options
- Horse Riding Confidence Secrets
- Confidence made Simple – 16 French Women’s Confidence Secrets
- You ARE Good Enough
- Secure your promising, purposeful and prosperous Future coming soon
The Workshops that have inspired my Books
- Connect with Horses Personal Empowerment Workshops
- Walking and Wine Tasting Workshops for Writers
- Touched by a Horse one-day Workshops
My equine-inspired and life-enriching Blog SemperEquus
My Mindfulness Mentors The Horses
My Favourite Subjects
- Equine-assisted Personal Empowerment
- Equine-guided Mindfulness Meditation
- The Friesian Filly Fan Club
- Equine-Guided Mindfulness Meditation eCourse
My Social Media Channels
My Mailing List
For early-bird discounts and last-minute special offers, available only to mailing list subscribers, and notification of new life-enhancing blog posts, notification of new book/course releases, subscribe to my mailing list below or by CLICKING HERE. You will receive my 10 Simple Steps to Instant Self-Confidence Guide immediately – straight from the horse’s mouth!
Your e-mail address is 100% safe and you can unsubscribe at any time.