VIP Day with Dr Margaretha Montagu in the foothills of the French Pyrenées Mountains
Dear accomplished but not-as-assertive-as-you-need-to-be-to-get-ahead woman-in-need-of-an-effective-stress-management-strategy,
Do you have a niggling feeling you are meant to do something much more meaningful with your life but you are not confident and assertive enough to make it happen?
Do you feel stressed, drained, exhausted and overwhelmed and just don’t know what to do about it?
Have you ever wished that you could be more assertive?
- If you were more assertive, you could say no and mean it, without having to feel guilty and without having to make excuses. you will not agree to take on more work than you have time for, or that you do not really want to do.
- If you were more assertive you will not agree to take on more work than you have time for, or that you do not really want to do.
- If you were more assertive, you could stand up for yourself and refuse to oblige when people try to use you to their own ends.
- If you were more assertive, you could have more balanced and mutually-beneficial relationships with your significant other, your family, your friends and your colleagues.
- If you were more assertive, you could make time for yourself, you could look after yourself better, you could prioritise your own needs and wants and concentrate on realising outcomes that are important to you.
- If you were more assertive, you could be authentically you. You would not need to live to up to other people’s expectations of you. You could claim your unique feminine power and live a purposeful, productive and prosperous life without regrets.
- If you were more assertive, if you could make all the this happen, you would be soooooo much less stressed! And if you were less stressed, you would be less at risk of physical and mental illnesses caused or worsened by the unrelenting and escalation stress that characterises modern life.
If I offered to introduce you to an infallible technique that will make you dramatically more assertive, would you be interested?
If I offered to introduce you to a way to combat stress that is easy to incorporate into your daily life, doesn’t need you to buy any fancy equipment, takes 10-15 minutes a day and does not cost anything to practice, would you be interested?
I am sure you would.
That is why I created our Confidence-boosting and Stress-busting VIP Equine-assisted Personal Empowerment Days based on equine-assisted assertiveness training and equine-guided mindfulness meditation for stress management.
This VIP Day will enable you to:
- Effectively handle and reduce the conflict in your day-to-day interactions
- Say ‘No’ without feeling guilty and without feeling the need to make excuses
- Foster more supportive and more fulfilling relationships
- Connect easily and deepen connections with less effort
- Communicate with more ease and greater effect
- Put yourself and your interests first without neglecting the needs of those important to you
- Determine clear boundaries to avoid being taken advantage of
- Get rid of your limiting and inhibiting shyness
- Dramatically reduce the stress you are suffering from and so protect yourself from the damaging physical and mental effects of long term stress
Honestly, once you can control a stubborn stallion weighing close to one tonne with a simple hand gesture, not being assertive enough will no longer be one of your problems.
In the same way, once you have experienced the infinite inner peace that becomes yours during a mindfulness meditation led by the herd, the dangerous effects of prolonged stress on your physical and mental health will no longer be something you need to concern yourself with.
That is not all. There is much more to this VIP Day than a morning equine-assisted assertiveness training session and an afternoon equine-guided mindfulness meditation session.
Each VIP Day is private and 100% custom designed based on your specific needs and objectives.
Each day consists of a 4-hour morning session that includes:
- On arrival, a guided walk, with the horses, through the meadows, vineyards, woods and orchards that surround the Les Sources Sacrées to get the blood pumping and the oxygen to your brain. The walk finishes on the farm with an introduction to walking meditation – a powerfully stress-busting meditation method that you can easily add to your day – on your way to work, for example.
- A full assessment of your current stress levels and level of assertiveness and how this is reflected in the way you deal with stress at work and at home.
- A short briefing session during which we will discuss any concerns you may have about working with the horses and during which you will find out exactly what to expect during the equine -assisted training
- An equine-assisted assertiveness training session after we have introduced you to each horse individually and you have chosen the horse or horses you want to work with
- A longer debriefing session during which we will discuss your experience with your horse or horses and determine exactly to what extent the horses have helped you become more assertive and how you can transfer what you have learnt from the horses into your everyday life.
A 4-hour afternoon session that includes
- A hearty and healthy lunch, with the emphasis on mindful eating and wine tasting
- An introduction to working meditation, another meditation method that you can incorporate seamlessly into your day. During this session, you will learn how to groom a horse.
- An equine-facilitated mindfulness meditation, in the presence of and guided by the herd
- An introduction to writing meditation, focusing on the empowering benefits of journalling
- Discussion and summary of what you have learnt and achieved during your VIP day over a cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate or a glass of freshly-pressed orange juice and pastries
In addition, each participant receives
- A pre-VIP Day preparation pack via e-mail
- An e-book copy of the latest edition of Dr Montagu’s book Mindfulness and Meditation in the South of France
- 30-minute follow-up phone session (within one month of your VIP Day)
“This was an absolutely amazing experience. Life-changing, totally. Due to a seriously unfortunate experience with horses n my childhood, horses scared me witless. Today I not only overcame that fear, I learnt how to defend my boundaries against two humongous Friesian horses. After this, no one is ever going to make me do anything that I am not 100% committed to do. The meditation sessions were out of this world. I have meditated before, but never like this. An unforgettable experience that I very highly recommend.” S. Bradshaw
You will walk away from this VIP day confident that you can handle whatever challenges come your way. You will not feel like the same person afterwards – you will feel confidently assertive and empowered beyond belief. You will feel more alive, energised and positive about your future and about life in general than you’ve felt in years.
Now is the time to invest in yourself and in your future. The cost of full VIP day is 295 euro. If you have time or financial limitations, our VIP day is also available as a half-day, either the morning or the afternoon session, at 149 euro .
If this seems like a lot, consider how much time and money you have wasted over the years on countless self-help books, self-help programs and consultations with so-called experts that never offered you a practical way of increasing your confidence and assertiveness, nor a sustainable way to manage the stress that you are suffering from.
You could continue to try to figure this out on your own. You can keep on desperately trying each new stress-busting or confidence-boosting method that appears on the horizon for the next two, five, ten or twenty years.
Or you could contact me for a free, initial Complimentary Consultation so that we can determine if you will benefit from attending one of our VIP Days.
All you have to do is
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Private VIP Day” as its subject.
- Include your name, your age and a little bit about why you are interested in our VIP Equine-assisted Empowerment Days
- Give us an indication of when you would like to attend one of our VIP Days (please note that we do not host VIP days during our workshops and that usually the 2 or 3 days are usually taken up by VIP Days reserved by our workshop participants)
Once I receive your email, I will contact you to set up your Complimentary Consultation by phone to see if a private, tailor-made VIP Day will suit you.
I look forward to hearing from you and even more to working with you and with our horses to help you attain and maintain the life of your dreams.
All the best for now,
About Dr Margaretha Montagu
Dr Montagu (MBChB, MRCGP, NLP cert, Med Hyp Dip and EAGALA cert level 2) is an experienced medical doctor, medical hypnotherapist, an NLP practitioner and an equine-assisted psychotherapist (EAGALA cert level II). She has worked in a variety of medical disciplines, including Psychiatry. She worked in Jersey, in the Channel Islands for 12 years – 8 and a half of these years as a General Practitioner. Dr Montagu has retired from medical practice and now shares what she has learned through workshops and public speaking in the UK, France, Holland, Belgium and South Africa and during her residential Equine Guided Growth Workshops.
In spite of these qualifications, Dr Montagu is a very down-to-earth person who has a warm, personal, active and non-judgemental approach to problem-solving. She will help you address your problems with highly structured, solution-oriented techniques with the assistance of her horses (the “real therapists” as she calls them) and she will treat you with as much respect, dignity and compassion as she treats her horses.
Dr Montagu has had extensive experience with a variety of individuals covering a wide panorama of disciplines, age, education, ethnic and cultural heritage. Her frequent attendance at professional conventions and participation in continuing education classes and seminars has greatly expanded her repertoire of therapeutic techniques. When working with clients, she draws from many modalities, including Cognitive/Behavioural Therapy, Emotional Focused Couple Therapy, Positive Psychology, Short-term Solution-Focused Therapy, Equine-assisted Experiential Learning and NLP.
Dr Montagu’s approach to equine-assisted experiential learning emphasises self-exploration and self-revelation promoting understanding, recognition, respect, better communication and appreciation of others.
Drawing upon this rich background of training and experience, Dr Montagu and her horses will help you understand, evaluate and neutralise the limiting beliefs that you bring to your present situation so that you may be free to become the kind of person that you always wanted to be.