Is your self-doubt ruining your attempts to live a long, happy, healthy and fulfilling life, full of purpose and meaning?
Our Connect with Horses Mindfulness Workshops, based on Equine-assisted Experiential Learning, in the south of France, will dramatically increase your self-confidence while nourishing your mind, body and spirit by connecting with our horses in an enriching, compelling and transformational way.
This equine-assisted experiential learning workshop will empower you to
- accept yourself and appreciate your unique talents and abilities,
- free yourself from immobilising fear and dramatically increase your self-confidence,
- communicate more efficiently and with more assertiveness,
- eradicate limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering beliefs that inspire you,
- develop more successful problem-solving skills,
- believe in yourself so that you can make the changes you want to make in your life,
- build strong, long-lasting relationships,
- create a solid and reliable support network so that you can ask for help before you feel totally overwhelmed,
- set firm boundaries and say NO without feeling guilty or needing to explain,
- discover simple techniques to easily and effectively deal with stressful situations and
- celebrate your success without needing to apologise for being brilliant.
Now you too can discover the secret of exceptionally self-confident women, by attending a Connect with Horses Workshop in the sun-drenched south of France. During the workshop, you will firstly be able to rest, relax and recharge your batteries. Secondly, you benefit from attending this workshop because
- By learning more about mindfulness from our horses, you will discover how to get the most from every single moment in the day,
- With the empowering help of our horses, you will develop a new set of skills to help improve the quality of your life.
4- or 7-day Workshops
Our 7-day workshops start on Sunday evenings (from 18h00) and continue to Saturday mornings (to 10h00, after breakfast.) Every morning, from Monday to Friday, participants attend an equine-assisted experiential learning session. Every afternoon, except Wednesdays, participants learn more about mindfulness. All meals, simple but nourishing, are included except for dinner on Wednesday evening. Participants have Wednesday afternoons and evenings free. Comfortable accommodation is included, mostly in single rooms, or in double rooms. Our 4-day workshops start on Sundays (from 18h00) until breakfast on Wednesday morning (until 10h00). The 4-day workshop does not include a free half-day.
The cost of the 7-day workshops starts at £1095 pp. The cost of the 4-day workshop starts at £595 pp.
“Thanks again for sharing your life with us! I had such a wonderful time at your place and in your company. I feel revitalised, relaxed and blessed. All the best and big hugs for the two of you and all the cats, horses and dog.” E.G. Meijling
Connect with Horses Mindfulness Workshops
My name is Margaretha Montagu. I am a medical doctor with many years’ experience of working with women. I live in the sun-blessed south of France with my husband and 5 horses. We live in a lovingly-restored, 200-year-old farmhouse with a bit of land.
Due to a debilitating eye disease, partly stress induced, I had to retire early from medical practice. Horses had always fascinated me, but due to the pressures of work, I never had the time to explore this interest. I needed a new career so I decided to combine my medical training and experience with my interest in horses. I retrained in equine-assisted psychotherapy and experiential learning.
I created these personal empowerment workshops with my horses to help you internalise how unique, powerful, gifted, beautiful, strong, generous, appreciated, valuable, talented, brilliant, admired, respected, courageous, special, caring and lovable you are.
Why would you want to attend one of MY workshops?
- Because I understand what you are going through. I have been there. I remember what it felt like to doubt myself.
- Because I am personally and professionally well-qualified to help you.
- Using equine-assisted experiential learning, I know how to help participants maximise their potential and create the lives they have always dreamed of living.
- Articles about my work have appeared in Horse and Rider magazine and in Chronicles of the Horse. I am a published author with 5 books under my belt.
I always rejoice in the benefit women get from the presence and support of like-minded women, the lasting friendships that form, the readiness of women (who may in their normal lives never have the opportunity to honestly express themselves) to say what they really feel, in this safe environment to sympathetic listeners.
The horses and equine-assisted experiential learning is what makes our workshops UNIQUE.
One thing I need to make very clear:
horse riding during our workshops.
Do you feel stuck in a rut and desperately long to escape?
If you do, then a personal empowerment Connect with Horses Workshop at Les Sources Sacrées here in the sun-blessed south of France might be exactly what you need right now.
For more information or to make a reservation, contact us NOW on welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com or fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
A simple inquiry will put you under no obligation.
Les Sources Sacrées is a location with a history – the 6 natural springs feeding our 2 acre/1 hectare lake are reputed to have healing properties. Pilgrims on the St Jacques de Compostelle pilgrim’s route have been making a detour here for centuries, to “take the waters” and pray in the adjacent chapel.
The farm, deep in the heart of Gascony, 90 minutes’ drive south-east of Bordeaux, is located on 20 acres of lush, green meadows and is surrounded by vineyards, woods, orchards and sunflower fields. Secluded but not isolated, this 200-year-old farmhouse is 3km from a typical local village.
What is included in this workshop:
- Simple but comfortable accommodation in an 18th century, half-timbered, authentic Landaise farmhouse in single or twin bedrooms with shared bathroom.
- Breakfasts under the 200+-year-old oak tree in the front courtyard, weather permitting.
- Picnic lunches: a picnic basket for you to enjoy anywhere on the farm: there are several seating areas scattered around the house, in the woods, next to the paddocks and by the lake.
- Dinner on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Tea and coffee making facilities available 24/7 in the kitchen of the private wing.
- Transport from Nogaro to the farm.
- Free Wifi.
- A free copy of the e-book Mindfulness and Meditation in the south of France. The book has links to useful articles, websites, TED talks, Facebook groups, guided meditations etc. that can be used during and after the workshops.
What is NOT included:
- Transport costs to local airports and train stations – there are 4 international airports (Toulouse, Bordeaux, Biarritz and Pau) less than 2 hours drive from Les Sources Sacrées
- Transport from local airports to local train stations (Auch and Mont de Marsan)
- Transport from local train stations to Nogaro/ to the farm.
- Personal Health Insurance and/or Travel Insurance (we highly recommend insurance cover in case you need to cancel)
- Guided Wine Tasting trip to Saint Mont
- An extra day walking part of the Way of St James/Santiago de Compostella
To make 100% sure you benefit from this workshop, there is still MORE.
- To facilitate transport arrangements, or to explore the region, you are welcome to arrive a day or two early or leave a day or two after the workshop – we offer additional bed-and-breakfast accommodation on a day-to-day basis, but only to our workshop guests,
- Non-participating partners are very welcome, there is a lot for them to discover and do in the immediate vicinity.
- the option to add a day to walk part of the possibly life-changing Way of St James, following in the footsteps of pilgrims who have passed this way for a thousand years on their way to Santiago de Compostella in Spain.
- the option to add a guided wine tasting trip to the medieval village of Saint Mont
By coming to a workshop here, you will be contributing to the well-being of the local community because we believe in sustainable tourism. We believe that we have a sacred duty to preserve the farm, the land, the lake and the springs for future generations, so we do everything we can to make as small a footprint on our land as we can, including limiting the number of guests we receive per year.
To ensure everyone gets individual, quality attention and the time to ask questions, we limit our groups to a maximum of 4 guests – which means you will need to reserve early to be one of the fortunate guests who come to Les Sources Sacrées this year.
Just to remind you:
Our 7-day workshops start on Sunday evenings (from 18h00) and continue to Saturday mornings (to 10h00, after breakfast. Every morning, from Monday to Friday, participants attend an equine-assisted experiential learning session. Every afternoon, except Wednesdays, participants learn more about mindfulness. All meals, simple but nourishing, are included except for dinner on Wednesday evening. Participants have Wednesday afternoons and evenings free. Simple but comfortable accommodation is included, mostly in single rooms, or in double rooms. Our 4-day workshops start on Sundays (from 18h00) until breakfast on Wednesday morning(until 10h00). The 4-day workshop does not include a free half-day.
The cost of the 7-day workshops starts at £1095 pp. The cost of the 4-day workshop starts at £595 pp.
So seize this exceptional opportunity to spend a few nights with us NOW…to help you make your trip a special one, please let us know you are coming by making a reservation. A warm welcome awaits you amidst the Saint Mont and Madiran vineyards in the sun-blessed south-west of France.
Ready to make a reservation? To pay your deposit and secure your booking, please contact us with the dates of the week that suits you at welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com to inquire about availability.
Privacy notice: We take your privacy seriously. Your email address is not passed on or sold to any third parties whatsoever, you are not subscribing to any mailing lists and we promise to only use your details to contact you directly ourselves.
Please read our terms and conditions
Tess and Aurore d’Alegria, two of our Friesian mares