If YOU are ready to discover how mindfulness and meditation can help you change your life dramatically and significantly reduce the stress you experience, then join Dr Margaretha Montagu and her six horses for an unforgettable holiday in the sun-blessed south of France.
No horse riding during these workshops.
Imagine settling into a deckchair and slowly closing your eyes, on a sunny summer’s day, on the lush green bank of a crystal clear lake. Nearby, six contented horses are dozing in the sunshine and as you drift off, you are filled with a sense of happiness and well-being, content just to be in their presence…
Sound good? Let me tell you more.
Do you feel physically exhausted and mentally strangled and desperately long to escape?
During this 8-day/7 night workshop, you will find out exactly what mindfulness and what meditation is, why it is beneficial and how you can incorporate it effortlessly into your life so that you can live a stress-free life in alignment with your unique talents, values and ideals.
You will discover mindfulness by being mindful. Each mindfulness class (mornings) is followed by a practical session and these practical sessions include:
- a wine-tasting visit to the wine cellars of the nearby Saint Mont vineyards, including a visit to the Saint Mont monastery and the medieval village that clings defiantly to the slopes below it – a place where mindfulness and meditation have been part of daily life since the 12th century,
- a visit to a fresh food market in a neighbouring village, where you will be able to observe French housewives mindfully choosing the ingredients they use to cook the rich, mouth-watering meals characteristic of Gascon gastronomy and where you will have the opportunity of mindfully following their example,
- walking part of the possibly life-changing Camino de Santiago (Way of St James), to follow in the footsteps of pilgrims who have passed this way for nearly a thousand years on their way to Santiago de Compostella in Spain.
Many people who start a meditation practice soon give up, because they do not have the time, can’t sit still for long enough, find it difficult to “empty” their minds…so during this workshop (afternoons) we will introduce you to a number of meditation methods that you can incorporate seamlessly into your everyday life: walking meditation, writing meditation, working meditation, visualisation meditation etc.
What makes these workshops unique is that they are hosted by a medical doctor with many years of experience in treating stress-related diseases and her assistants: six well-trained and well-behaved horses who are going to help you put everything you learn about mindfulness and about meditation into practice. The horses take part in several of both the mindfulness and meditation practical sessions and also introduce guests to their own speciality: equine-guided meditation.
What is included in this workshop:
- Comfortable accommodation in a private wing of an 18th century, half-timbered, authentic Landaise farmhouse in single or twin bedrooms. Our farm, deep in the heart of Gascony, 90 minutes’ drive south-east of Bordeaux, is located on 20 acres of lush, green meadows and is surrounded by vineyards, woods, orchards and sunflower fields.
- Delicious breakfasts served al fresco under the 200+-year-old oak tree in the front courtyard.
- Delightful picnic lunches: a basket full of local delicacies for you to enjoy anywhere on the farm: there are several seating areas scattered around the house, in the woods, next to the paddocks, by the lake and on the island in the lake.
- Scrumptious dinners featuring the irresistible food and outstanding wine of our region, including a farewell dinner on your last night
- Tea and coffee making facilities available 24/7 in the kitchen of the private wing and the fridge is always stocked with a few bottles of ice-cold spring water.
- Transport during the wine tour/village market visit/Camino walk.
- All the meditation and mindfulness classes and practical sessions supported by an extensive on-line library of guided meditations, e-books, informative articles, lectures, interviews etc.
- One free day to relax or explore the many tourist attractions and activities of our region
- Your own personal copy of the book Mindfulness and Meditation in the south of France, written by Dr Montagu as a workbook to accompany the workshop
- Free Wifi.
What is NOT included:
- Transport costs to local airports and train stations – there are 5 international airports less than 2 hours drive from Les Sources Sacrées
- Transport from local airports and train stations to the farm
- Personal Health Insurance and/or Travel Insurance (we highly recommend insurance cover in case you need to cancel)
- Dinner on your free day
- Your Equine-assisted Experiential Learning sessions. A session costs 40 euro and lasts 30-60 minutes.
Do you feel over-burdened by the trials and tribulations of life? You no longer have to feel this way. Invest in yourself, your future, your mental and physical health, by attending a workshop that will introduce you to effective and practical stress management strategies.
The cost of our 8 days/7 nights workshops varies from £995 to £1095 depending on the season.
Workshop dates for 2017
Workshops start every Saturday from 18h00 till the next Saturday 11h00 during May to November
Attending this Connect with Horses Workshop, based on the book Mindfulness and Meditation in the south of France, amongst the ancient vineyards in the sun-blessed south of France, offers you:
- the opportunity to combine your love of travel with your interest in personal development
- an affordable escape from the always escalating demands of everyday life,
- easy access via 5 international airports, served by low-cost airlines, less than 2 hours’ drive from the retreat
- a safe haven in one of the most beautiful parts of France, secluded but not isolated, a place where you can rest and sleep undisturbed for as long as you need to
- fresh air, clean water and scrumptious home-cooked and mostly home-grown food to nourish both your body and your mind
Join us for a workshop in one of the most beautiful parts of France, in the company of six exceptional horses, where you will find out how to ensure that the rest of your life is long, happy, healthy and fulfilling and full of purpose and meaning.
Interested? Contact us NOW on welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com
A simple inquiry will put you under no obligation.
Les Sources Sacrées is a retreat centre with a history – the 6 natural springs feeding our 2 acre/1 hectare lake are reputed to have healing properties. Pilgrims on the St Jacques de Compostelle pilgrim’s route have been making a detour here for centuries, to “take the waters” and pray in the adjacent chapel.
Here, you can lie back in a sun lounger on the deck by the lake, or swing in a hammock under the oak trees, or sit in a deckchair in the potager with a pot of Redbush tea or take pictures of Les Source Sacrées’ gorgeous Friesian horses…but more about that later.
Les Sources Sacrées has everything you need to relax completely and fully recharge your batteries.
The Gastronomy of Gascony
We believe in feeding the body as well as the mind – while you are finding out how to make the changes you want to make in your life, you will be indulging in the best food and wine that our region has to offer: freshly baked, crunchy French bread, wildflower-flavoured honey from our bees, jam made from the fruit grown in our orchard, vegetables just-picked in our potager and pure, fresh spring water…you will also be introduced to the famous gastronomy of Gascony: paella, confit de canard, couscous Gascon and Tarte Tatin à l’Armagnac and have the opportunity to discover the excellent wines of our region.
The Workshop Leaders
Your workshop leader is Dr Margaretha Montagu, a medical doctor, a hypnotherapist, a certified NLP practitioner and a certified equine-assisted experiential learning coach.
If you are ready to make changes, but you do not feel confident /smart /inspired /motivated /supported /attractive enough, you may want to try an equine-assisted experiential learning (EEL) class. EEL will help you:
- free yourself from immobilising fear and dramatically increase your self-confidence,
- discover simple techniques to easily and effectively deal with stressful situations
- communicate more efficiently and with more assertiveness,
- find out how to accept and appreciate yourself,
- strengthen and deepen relationships at work and at home,
- eradicate limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering beliefs that inspire you,
- develop more successful problem-solving skills,
- thrive on changes and challenges and
- gain a solid understanding of who you are now.
These sessions are optional and not included in the price of the holiday.
Ready to make a booking? We only run a limited number of workshops per year. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early morning: Optional invigorating walk through the vineyards, woods, meadows and orchards that surround Les Sources Sacrées
- Breakfast under Merlin, the 200+-year-old oak tree in our front garden
- The rest of the morning is taken up by a mindfulness class and its practical application
- Picnic lunch
- A well-deserved siesta after lunch is followed by an introduction to a specific meditation technique and its practical application
- Dinner, also al fresco under Merlin, weather permitting.
- Time off to prepare for the next day’s mindfulness and meditation sessions
The workshop is the practical part of the book Mindfulness and Meditation in the south of France, written by Dr Montagu as a workbook to accompany her workshops. Each participant receives a free e-book copy 2 weeks before the start of the workshop. The book also functions as support for participants once the workshop is over, with several links to useful articles, websites, TED talks, Facebook groups, guided meditations etc.
To make 100% sure you benefit from this retreat, there is still MORE.
- You will have the opportunity to attend a VIP day (intensive individual coaching day) before or after the retreat,
- You will be able to subscribe to a 3/6/12 month coaching programme, offering continuing support after the retreat to help you implement the changes you have decided to make,
- To facilitate transport arrangements, or to explore the region, you are welcome to arrive a day or two early or leave a day or two after the retreat – we also offer additional accommodation on a day-to-day basis, but only to our workshop guests,
- If you have time or financial limitations, depending on availability, you can also choose to attend the retreat for a shorter period – a 4 days/3 nights workshop.
- Non-participating partners are very welcome, there is a lot for them to discover and do in the immediate vicinity.
By coming on a retreat here, you will be contributing to the well-being of the local community
We believe in sustainable tourism. We believe that we have a sacred duty to preserve the farm, the land, the lake and the springs for future generations, so we do everything we can to make as small a footprint on our land as we can, including limiting the number of guests we receive per year.
Only a limited number of participants will be able to attend an Equine-guided Personal Empowerment Workshop at Les Sources Sactrées every year!
To ensure everyone gets individual, quality attention and the time to ask questions, we limit the size of our groups and we only host a limited number of workshops per year – which mean you will need to reserve early to be one of the fortunate guests who come to Les Sources Sacrées this year.
Ready to make a reservation? To pay your 25% deposit and secure your spot
“Thank you so much – the horse-guided meditation and experiential learning have really helped me both in my professional and private life. Thank you again for all the hard work you put into making it such a memorable event. And a big thank you also to Beau and Belle – with my horse phobia I never dreamt that I would one day feel the irresistible need to hug such imposing animals.” Alicia Paturas
It is not too late to start over.
The best is yet to come!
Imagine how different your life will be in a year’s time if you decide to change your life by attending a Connect with Horses Mindfulness Meditation Workshop this year. Contact us on email@example.com or fill in the form below:
Privacy notice: We take your privacy seriously. Your details are not passed on or sold to any third parties whatsoever and we promise to only use your details to contact you directly ourselves.