Today’s blog post prompt is “stairway”. One of the mindfulness exercises we do during our mindfulness meditation retreats is walking mindfully up a staircase, step by step, paying full attention to our inner sensations with each step we take. It is a form of mindfulness meditation and has the added benefit that it also gets a few muscles working, as opposed to walking our meditation labyrinth or our island-meditation-steps.
Going up a staircase also made me think of the steps needed to complete a task mindfully:
- Do one thing at a time
- Read/listen carefully to the instructions
- Divide a task into small easy-to-accomplish steps
- Give each step your full attention
- Allocate a specific time span to each step
- Undertake each step to the best of your ability
- Go for quality, not quantity
- If the steps are repetitive, develop a ritual
- Notice your progress step-by-step
- Be grateful for each step successfully completed
- Review your performance with each step
- Own your task
- Complete your task
- Note what you have learned while doing this task
- Celebrate the completion of the task
- Take time out between tasks
If you would like to find out more about our Mindfulness Meditation Retreats, CLICK HERE.
“The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps – we must step up the stairs.”
Personal Growth from SelfGrowth.com— SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Personal Growth on the Internet.