I am always coming across books on meditation that I absolutely have to find the time to read! In the mean time, here are the meditation books that are currently available to our Meditation with Horses Retreat guests:
- Mindfulness for the Next Generation: Helping Emerging Adults Manage Stress and Lead Healthier Lives, by Holly Rogers This book helps parents teach mindfulness to their teens to help enhance their lives and encourage personal growth.
- The Human Condition by Thoman Keating – written by a catholic monk (Benedictine) who aims to revive the contemplative tradition within Christianity. Even if you are not Christian, it’s a good book if your interested in meditation.
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat Zinn A practical book on how to attain mindfulness despite the demands and obligations of our daily lives In this book, the author explians how to cultivate mindfulness in one’s own life.
- Meditation for Beginners by Jack Kornfield Meditation for Beginners shows you, step-by-step, how you can connect with the magic each moment brings.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle Tolle’s clear writing, supportive voice and enthusiasm make this an excellent manual for anyone who’s ever wondered what exactly “living in the now” means.
- Coming to Our Senses: Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness by Jon Kabat Zinn This book is about meditation as well as mindfulness, the author’s own experiences, and his reflections on our society. Bit long-winded, but worth working through and keeping as a reference.
- The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation by Thich Nhat Hanh A book with exercises and explanations about mindfulness that actually works – especially useful for beginners
- How to Meditate: A Practical Guide to Making Friends with Your Mind by Pema Chodron Pema Chödrön, a Tibetan nun, makes meditation understandable and accessible in this insightful guide.
- Meditation for Two by Dominic Barbier
- 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life by Victor Davich – beginner’s guide to mindfulness that offers a simple, no-nonsense program to help beginners experience reduced stress and increased focus in only eight minutes a day.
If you have questions about our Meditation Retreats with Horses, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below: